Cookie usage policy
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file placed on your device by websites you visit.
Cookies are mostly used to allow websites to function, or to function more efficiently, as well as to provide information to website owners.
Above all, cookies allow identification of your device.
Generally, there are two main categories of cookies:
- Functional cookies
Functional cookies respond to technical requirements. They are required for an effective and secure connection to a website.
Performance cookies improve browsing by recording some of your preferences for easier, faster and more user-friendly browsing. These cookies are also used for statistical purposes.
These cookies may have a different source, function and lifespan.
- Direct cookies: refers to cookies placed by www.lafarge.ae when visiting its website which can only be read by the www.lafarge.ae site
- Indirect cookies: refers to cookies placed by third parties when visiting the website, for example cookies placed by social r make it possible to supply services explicitly requested by web-users. Functional cookies are direct cookies.
Performance cookies: are placed on the website for statistical, social and commercial purposes or in order to create a general user profile. Performance cookies can be direct or indirect.www.lafarge.ae
- Cookies placed for statistical purposes provide information about the pages visited on the
- media sites
- Functional cookies: ensure that the website works correctly (e.g. login, registration and language preference cookies) o
- website and the location of the computer (Google Analytics etc.).
- Cookies placed for social purposes allow web-users to share the content of the website visited on social networks (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Permanent cookies: remain on your hard drive for a pre-determined time or until you delete them.
- Session cookies (or temporary cookies): simplify your actions during a browsing session. All session cookies are deleted once you close your browser. Session cookies are generally functional.
Configuring your browser's parameters
All web browsers allow you to restrict cookies' behavior or deactivate them. The steps to follow are different for each browser.
You can also use your browser to view the cookies present on your computer, and delete them individually or all at once.
Below are instructions on how to block and/or delete cookies for the commonest browsers:
If you have blocked all or some cookies, it is possible that the website will no longer function correctly or that you will not have access to some parts of the site, for which we cannot be held liable.
Updates to the cookies policy
We reserve the right to make any changes to this policy, particularly in response to legislative requirements.
Personal data protection rights
Some of the cookies used by www.lafarge.ae and described above allow the collection of personal data. www.lafarge.ae is responsible for processing this personal data.sed by the relevant departments within www.lafarge.ae and its service providers, where applicable.
This data is vital for each cookie to correctly carry out its function. It is only u
www.lafarge.ae particularly uses the Google Analytics service from Google Inc ("Google") for statistical purposes.
In the context of this service, the data collected via Google Analytics cookies (connection data and browsing data) is transmitted and stored by Google on servers located in the United States. Google entities are members of Safe Harbor and ensure an adequate level of data protection (Ruling 2000/520/EC dated July 26, 2000).
To exercise your right to query, access and amend your personal data, you can contact us by email on www.lafarge.ae