Lafarge has defined 2 objectives with regard to the preservation of natural resources:
Reducing consumption and finding alternative solutions.
Recycling and using alternative products
Wherever the necessary infrastructures exist, Lafarge:
- Recycles construction materials,
- Replaces natural resources with by-products from other industries,
- Replaces fossil fuels with nontoxic alternative fuels, such as biomass and industrial and agricultural waste.
Lafarge is thus committed to an industrial ecology approach.
The Group is committed to limiting the use of natural resources in all of its operations. Recycled materials already account for:
- More than 10% of the raw materials consumed in the production of cement,
- More than 50% of the raw materials used to manufacture plasterboard,
- 50% of the raw materials used for the production of concrete and aggregates.